Home > Computer & Internet Access > Laptops
Individuals 18 years or older with a Westerville Library card and a government-issued ID (such as a driver’s license) can check out a laptop for use within the library. Note: If your library card account has exceeded the maximum fine amount, you will not be permitted to check out a laptop until your fine is paid.
To check out a laptop, stop at the Ask Here desk in Adult Services or the Youth Services Desk. The loan period ends 10 minutes prior to closing.
Software & Hardware available on the laptops
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Office 2007 (includes Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and Firefox 2.0
- CD-RW/DVD drive
USB drive slots
- Floppy drive (available for checkout)
- All laptops have Internet access through the library’s wireless network.
- All laptops checked out through the Ask Here desk are connected to a black and white printer. Patrons must pay for prints at the Ask Here desk.
- Laptops checked out through the Youth Services desk do not have printing capabilities.
- Printing costs $.10 per page for black and white, $.25 per page for color.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that if you check out a laptop, you are financially responsible if it is lost or damaged. This policy applies to all materials borrowed on your library card. Replacement cost is $1,200.