Home > Computer & Internet Access > Computer Instructions & Tutorials
Computer Instructions & Tutorials
Interested in learning more about computers? Check out the library’s Computer Class schedule and handouts for more information.
Tips for Using the Library’s Computers
Saving Your Work
- Patrons are responsible for making a copy of their work or saving information to a portable device before logging off of the computer.
- Patrons can save files to the computer’s patron drive (e:/), or directly to a saving device such as a USB flash drive, a CD, or a floppy disk. If desired, patrons can upload files to the Internet or personal email accounts from the patron drive. Warning: All files saved to the patron drive will be automatically deleted when the patron logs off. The library is not responsible for file recovery.
- Patrons can buy saving devices from the Help Desk in the Technology Center. Please see our Technology Center page for more information.
- The Library does not offer email accounts. If you have signed up for an email account while at the library, please be aware that the library does not keep track of your username and password.
- Free email accounts are available through providers such as Yahoo! Mail or Gmail. Each email provider offers different features and storage space limits.
- Please feel free to attend one of our Email One-on-One sessions or view the class handout for more detailed instruction.
Help & Tutorials
For more help on how to use computers and computer software, take a look at our Explore Guide for Computers.