Fall in love with your library all over again with these new features.
- Smarter Searching - Find what you want quickly and easily.
- Better Browsing - Discover new-to-you titles with awards, bestsellers & staff recommendations.
- Personalized Experience - Create an easy-to-remember username, curate recommended reading lists, and more.
Additional benefits include: mobile-friendly event registration and a more secure and stable system.
Complete the following tasks to take full advantage of the new features.
- Create your new username. Log in with your current library card number and PIN. You will be prompted to create a unique username that will make it easier to access your account in the future!
- Manage your privacy settings. You decide how much or how little you want to share. To set your privacy settings, login and go to My Settings. Under Privacy, select My Shelves and My Feeds. (Your borrowing and contact information is always private.)
- Place a hold with just one click. Skip the step of selecting a location every time you place a hold. Set up a preferred location and place holds with just one click. To set this up, log in and click My Settings --> Hold and Pickup Location.
- Download the new app. Search your app store for: WesterLib. (The old app - WestervLib - will no longer work after March 31, 2022.)
Trouble logging in?
Your library card number is located below the barcode on the back of your physical library card.
By default, your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number. You can change this at any time for additional security.
To change your PIN to a 4 to 8-digit number of your choice, follow these instructions:
- In person, bring your library card or picture ID to any service desk
- By phone, have your library card number and full name available. Then call 614-882-7277 option 2.
- Online, fill out this form. (Note: This option is only available if you have an email address on file with the library.)
The privacy of your library card account is a responsibility we take very seriously. For your protection and in accordance with Ohio law, you must provide proof of identification to receive information regarding your account.
For more information, refer to Public Services Policies. Section: Release Library Account Information.
Something isn't working. What should I do?
- Clear your browser history and cache. (Not sure how? Watch a video tutorial.)
- Some links have changed. Make sure you're in the correct place.
- We can help! Contact us.
Can I use my library card number as my username?
Per system requirements, your username must include at least one letter. You may wish to choose a username that is easy to remember, though you can also continue to log in with your library card number and PIN.
My desired username is already in use. What should I do?
Each username must be unique. Someone else may have chosen this name, or you may have already assigned your desired username to an account with another library.
Select a different username, or change your username for your other library account so that you can claim it for your Westerville Library account.
Can I manage my Westerville Library and Columbus Library accounts at the same time?
No. Though the interface is the same, these accounts are not connected. You will need a different username and PIN number to manage your Westerville Library and Columbus Library accounts separately.
I'm signed up to receive both text message and email notifications. What should I know?
When creating your username, you will need to select only one email address.
You can no longer receive both text message and email notifications. Additionally, you can no longer receive email notifications to multiple email addresses (such as your home and work email address). We hope to implement a solution for this soon. Stay tuned for details.
How do I manage my family’s accounts?
Currently, there is no easy way to "switch" between library card accounts. You will need to log out of your account, then log in to your family member's account.
We have submitted a request with our third-party vendor for additional functionality to manage family accounts and plan to implement if/when it becomes available.
How can I view my registered events?
There is currently no way to view your registered events in your account. Please keep a copy of your email confirmation for future reference.
Questions? Contact us.
I like to see upcoming events in a calendar view. Is that possible?
No, not at this time. We have submitted a request with our third-party vendor for a calendar view and will implement if/when it becomes available.
I miss the old website! Why did you make this change?
There are things about the previous website that we loved, too. However, it was nearing end-of-life and was no longer being actively supported or updated by the vendor.
To ensure stability and the potential for new features, we needed to make a change. We took careful consideration when choosing a new website that would meet the needs of our community now and for the foreseeable future. The library's website, catalog, events calendar, room reservations, and mobile app have all been upgraded. Some services have been discontinued or replaced.
Thank you for embarking on this new adventure with us!
I have a suggestion.
Awesome! Please submit your feedback here.