Take the internet with you wherever you go with a wi-fi hotspot. Perfect for use at home, in a park or while on vacation.
Whether you're away from the office, outside of the classroom or off campus, these hotspots are the ideal option for when you're unable to connect to your favorite network.
Share with your friends, family, co-workers or students by connecting up to 10 devices at once.
How does it work?
Available to anyone 18 years or older with a Westerville Library card in good standing and a photo ID (such as a driver’s license).
- To turn on, press and hold the Power button.
- From your computer, smartphone or tablet, connect to the network.*
- When battery is low, plug the charger into an electrical outlet.
- When finished, turn it off and return it to the Front Desk.
*If you are unsure how to choose a wireless network, consult your device's instruction manual or stop at the desk on the 2nd floor of the library for assistance.
What else do I need to know?
- Age Restriction: Ages 18+
- Limit: 1 per customer account
- Loan Period: 14 days*
- Lost Items: Replacement cost for hotspot and/or its accessories will be assessed, up to $285.
- Photo ID: Required
- Pickup Location: Pick-Up Window
- Renewals: Ineligible
- Return to: Welcome Desk
- Roaming: Prohibited. (See coverage map.)
- Sessions: 10 devices can be connected simultaneously
- Other Limitations: International travel prohibited. Additionally, hotspots will not work in Alaska or Hawaii.
*The hotspot will stop working when overdue or if you enter a roaming or international region. Pickup via the self-serve shelves for these items is not available. Returning hotspots through the book drops or your school is prohibited.
Free HeadshotsJun 5th | 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Media Transfer WorkshopJun 7th | 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Paint-By-Number: Pet PortraitsJun 8th | 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Free HeadshotsJun 14th | 10:00am - 12:00pm
Open Lab: Internet & Email BasicsJun 14th | 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Tech Time (Ages 6-8)Jun 19th | 2:30pm - 3:30pm
Whether you're a new parent, a student, a young professional, a teacher, a homeschooler or a senior citizen, there's something here for you. And it's all free.