Heritage Month Celebrations
Embark on a journey with us to better understand yourself and others. Take time this month to celebrate and learn about the histories, contributions, and current experiences of those around you.
The stories highlighted here act as windows into other cultures and mirrors of our own experiences.
2023 Schedule of Celebrations
- February: Black History Month
- March: Women's History Month
- April: Celebrate Diversity Month
- May: Mental Health Awareness Month
- June: Juneteenth
- July: Disability Pride Month
- September: Hispanic Heritage Month
- November: Native American Heritage Month
About This Initiative
The Westerville Public Library’s intention with this initiative is to reflect our diverse community, encourage acceptance, promote respect, expand understanding, amplify a wide range of voices, and energize community conversations. Suggestions for future celebrations welcome.
Heritage in this context is intended to encompass the people, places, and things that have been passed down from generation to generation.