Register to Vote
You can register to vote online or via a paper form. Get started.
To mail your completed form, it must be postmarked no later than 30 consecutive days before the election to your county board of elections, opens a new window. You may also return your completed voter registration form in person to any of the following public offices:
- Any public library, opens a new window
- BMV or Deputy Registrars
- Any county board of elections, opens a new window
- Any county treasurer’s office, opens a new window
- Any public high school or vocational school, opens a new window
Not sure if you’re eligible to vote? Check here, opens a new window.
Not sure if you're already registered to vote? Check here, opens a new window.
Request an Absentee Ballot
- Complete an absentee ballot request form, opens a new window.
- Mail to your county board of elections.*
- Once you receive your absentee ballot in the mail, fill it out.
- Mail it to your county board of elections, opens a new window.
- Track your ballot, opens a new window.
Absentee ballot request forms must be received by your county's Board of Elections no later than noon 3 days before the election. Absentee ballots must be postmarked no later than the day before the election and received by boards of elections by 10 days after primary election to be counted.
- View your sample ballot. Find out which candidates and issues will be on the ballot.
- Learn about the candidates and issues. The League of Women Voters helps voters make informed decisions about candidates for office, as well as about issues that appear on the ballot.
- Track your ballot, opens a new window. If you requested an absentee ballot, find out when your application is received, when your blank ballot has been mailed to you, and when your ballot has been processed.
- Find your polling location, opens a new window. Enter your street address and zip code to find out where you to vote in person.
- Bring proper identification. To vote in person, you will need to bring proper identification.
- More information, opens a new window about voting in the election can be found on the Secretary of State website.