Thank you to everyone who participated in 2021! Stay tuned for information about 2022.
Experience the Magic of Your Library
Enjoy a walk-through experience of activities at this (re-imagined) annual event celebrating fantasy fandoms. And be sure to visit Hilda the Dragon on the roof!
Complete Your Missions
October 1-24, 2021
Embark on fantasy-themed missions to earn points - then use those points to claim tickets for chances at prize drawings. The more missions you complete, the more chances you have to win! For all ages.
Prizes include 7 baskets full of goodies.
- Choose your missions:
- Attend a Library Event
- Design a Potion (Teen Room)
- Goonies Treasure Hunt (Second Floor)
- Identify Magical Creatures (Children's Area)
- Magical Creature Scavenger Hunt (Children's Area)
- Magical I Spy (Display case near Teen Room)
- Magical Trivia (Digital display in Atrium)
- Read a Magical Book
- Spot the Gold Challenge (Entrance to Westerville History Museum)
- Watch a Magical Movie
- Write a Knight Oath (Innovation Lab)
Magical Wonderland: Walk-Through Experience
October 11-24, 2021
Your library will transformed into a magical wonderland with fantasy-themed décor throughout the building.
Wander through an enchanted forest, discover a dragon hatchery, explore a medieval village, and hunt for "easter eggs" for your favorite fandoms.
- Enchanted Forest (Children’s Area)
- Dragon Hatchery (Homework Help Center)
- Sanderson’s Apothecary (Teen Room)
- The Armory (Media Department)
- Banquet Hall (Second Floor)
- Medieval Village (Mallway)
About the Event
Libraries are places that inspire magic, filled with stories that can take you to extraordinary worlds. Since 2018, the Wizards & Wands Festival has embraced that sense of wonder by bringing books to life and creating an unforgettable experience for the Westerville area community. This signature event attracts thousands of visitors of all ages from across Central Ohio, those who already love the library and those who have never been inside the library before.
This year’s re-imagined event will expand access for all by incorporating a wide variety of fantasy fandoms, inviting community members of all ages and passions to champion the power of stories.
About the Dragon
This 30-foot, smoke-breathing dragon will be perched on the library’s roof from October 1-31, keeping a watchful eye on State Street. Drawn to the magic of the library, she roars and lights up every 30 minutes from 5-9pm. (When she’s not winded from her travels, she may even smoke!)