Bring your ideas to life...
...with hands-on learning and digital creation.
The lab includes a variety of hardware, software, and accessories intended for creative, education, or practical purposes.
- Discover emerging technologies.
- Create your next passion project.
- Complete a homework assignment.
- Gain a competitive edge for your next job or business venture.
Choose an option:
- Record a podcast or song.
- Create a video game.
- Print a poster or résumé.
- Make a virtual tour.
- Create a prototype.
- Edit a photo or video.
- Explore augmented reality or virtual reality.
- Create an app.
- Scan a document.
- Design a product label.
- Print a 3D object.
- ...and more!
Rules & Restrictions
Limit of 3 hours while others are waiting. To gain access to the lab, present your library card and ID to the staff at the desk on the second floor. Printing projects are scheduled through staff and can be picked up when completed.
- Must be 18 years or older; or 16-17 years old with a signed waiver from parent/guardian that acknowledges the rights and responsibilities of both parties; or accompanied by an adult who meets all requirements for use
- Must have a Westerville Library card in good standing.
- Must present a government-issued photo ID or school ID with the current school year's date clearly indicated. (ID will be held while you are in the lab and returned to you once a check of the lab has been performed by staff.)
Use of the lab is intended to be self-guided. Minimal instruction provided. Library staff can recommend resources for learning.
- Request no longer than 3 hours; no more than 30 days in advance. (Setup, teardown, saving, or clean-up are to be completed during your allotted reservation time.)
- Request in person, by telephone or through online reservation software.