Save yourself a trip to the library! Students and teachers can request free delivery of books, movies and music to your school.
How does it work?
- Who: Students, teachers, and staff can receive items.*
- What: Pick up or return Westerville Public Library items at your school, including books, audiobooks, movies, and more.**
- When: Weekdays during school hours.
- Where: To your school building. (Participating schools include: Academic Enrichment Center, Central College Christian Academy, Early Learning Center, Oakstone Academy, St. Paul's Catholic School, and all Westerville City Schools.)
- How: With your Westerville Library card, reserve an item. Select your school as your location.
* To be eligible for deliveries, you must have a Westerville Library card account in good standing. Contact your school office, your school library or the Westerville Public Library to apply for a library card or resolve issues with your account.
** Due to size or cost, some items may not be eligible for delivery.
How do I pick up or return an item?
When your item’s status appears as “ready for pickup”, you will receive a notification. Your item will then be checked out to you and delivered to your school, usually within 1-2 business days.
To find out where to pick up and return items at your school, contact your school office, your school library, or the Westerville Public Library. If you do not pick up your item within 7 days, it will be returned to the library and checked in.
I'm a parent. Can I pick up items for myself from my child's school?
Parents and guardians, you can request items for school delivery using a library card issued in your child's name. Your child must then be the one to pick up your item from the school's designated area.
Why wasn't my item delivered?
In the following instances, items will not be delivered to your school upon request.
- Your library account has a fine over $10. (This block will be removed when your fines are paid down to $10 or less. Items that were not delivered will be set aside for you until the block is removed or the hold expires.)
- You applied for a library card online, but you have not yet come in to the library with your parent or guardian to be issued your physical card.
- You returned an item without all of its pieces.
May 25th | 7:00pm - 8:30pmOnline Event
Trouble logging in?
Your library card number is located below the barcode on the back of your physical library card.
By default, your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number. You can change this at any time for additional security.
To change your PIN to a 4 to 8-digit number of your choice, follow these instructions:
- In person, bring your library card or picture ID to any service desk
- By phone, have your library card number and full name available. Then call 614-882-7277 option 2.
- Online, fill out this form. (Note: This option is only available if you have an email address on file with the library.)
The privacy of your library card account is a responsibility we take very seriously. For your protection and in accordance with Ohio law, you must provide proof of identification to receive information regarding your account.
For more information, refer to Public Services Policies. Section: Release Library Account Information.
You can manage your family's accounts by linking them with yours.
- Stop in the library and visit with a staff member at the welcome desk.
- Show us your library card as well as the library card of the family member you want to link accounts with.
- You and your family member must have the same home address listed on your account to be eligible.
Benefits of linked accounts include:
- You can use your own library card (or driver's license) to pick up reserves for linked family members. (Note: If your account is blocked due to billed items or overdue fines of $10 or more, you will not be permitted to pick up items for your linked family members.)
- You can use your own library card (or driver's license) to access information about linked accounts, such as checked out items, items on hold and fines via phone or in person.
- Your linked family members can access information about your account or pick up reserves on your behalf using their own library card.
Note: Currently, there is no easy way to "switch" between library card accounts on the website or in the mobile app. You will need to log out of your account, then log in to your family member's account. We have submitted a request with our third-party vendor for additional functionality to manage family accounts and plan to implement if/when it becomes available.