Fill your home library with books that will spark your child's imagination and inspire a love of reading. Studies have shown that children with 25 books in the home are more likely to complete an additional two years of school than their peers.
Mailed to your child monthly until their 5th birthday, each book is a free gift for your child to keep. This service is made possible by the Ohio Governor's Imagination Library, opens a new window.
Yes, my child wants free books!
Who is eligible?
Children younger than age 5 who live in Ohio
How does it work?
- Your child will receive age-appropriate books selected by Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
- Once a month, a new book will be mailed directly to your home.
- After your child has been registered, the first book will arrive within 8-10 weeks.
- This service is provided at no cost to your family until your child's 5th birthday or you move to an ineligible service area.
What do I need to do?
- Submit the registration form (linked above).*
- To track the status of your child's books or change your address, log into your account.
- Read with your child.
*Only parents and legal guardians are eligible to participate on behalf of their child.
Trouble logging in?
Your library card number is located below the barcode on the back of your physical library card.
If you've temporarily misplaced or lost your library card, request your library card number via this form.
By default, your PIN is the last four digits of your phone number. You can change this at any time for additional security.
If you have lost or misplaced your library card, contact the library immediately to report it as lost or stolen:
- online via this form
- 614-882-7277 option 2
- in person
A replacement card will be mailed to your address on file.
To obtain information about your account or update your contact information, you must show your government-issued photo ID (or school ID with the current school year's date clearly indicated) at the welcome desk or contact your school delivery representative.
You are responsible for all items checked out on your library card, so make your report as soon as possible. There is no charge for replacing your card.
Note: Your library card number will change when it is replaced. This may affect your access to existing holds or items through the library's ebook services. This may also affect your access to your account balance for printing.
To change your PIN to a 4 to 8-digit number of your choice, follow these instructions:
- In person, bring your library card or picture ID to any service desk
- By phone, have your library card number and full name available. Then call 614-882-7277 option 2.
- Online, fill out this form. (Note: This option is only available if you have an email address on file with the library.)
The privacy of your library card account is a responsibility we take very seriously. For your protection and in accordance with Ohio law, you must provide proof of identification to receive information regarding your account.
For more information, refer to Public Services Policies. Section: Releasing Library Account Information.