Sign up for emails from the library on your favorite topics.
- Author Visits & Book Clubs - Book lovers & aspiring authors, get alerts about upcoming author visits, writing classes, and book clubs.
- Library News & Updates - Get the scoop on big events & breaking news about your library and your community.
- Lifelong Learning - Level up with classes, technology training, research tools & more.
- Raising Young Kids (Ages 0-5) - Unlock your child's potential with tips, storytime alerts, book recommendations, and more.
- Reading Challenges - Challenge yourself to a life of reading and earn prizes along the way.
- Study Tips, Book Picks & After-School Events (Ages 6-18) - Pass the test with power tools from your library.
- Westerville History & Genealogy - Travel back in time with historic highlights, genealogy tools, museum exhibits, and more.
The library sends email notifications about requested and borrowed items and relevant library news. To receive emails:
- Log in to your account.
- Select My Settings.
- Under Email Address, choose Change.
- Select Save Changes.
You can receive text message notices about requested items, borrowed items, and relevant library news. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- From your browser, go to this website.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Select Modify Personal Information.
- If prompted, temporarily allow pop-ups for this site.
- In the Cell Phone Number for Text Notices field, enter your phone number in this format: xxx-xxx-xxxx.
- In the Email Address field, make sure your email address is current.
- Select Submit. (A confirmation message will appear: Patron Information Updated.)
- Select Close.
- From your phone, add this phone number to your list of contacts: 1-844-223-3350. (Notices received via text message will come from this number.)
You should start to receive text message notices within 24 hours.
Note: You may still be enrolled in an outdated system for text messages from the library. The new system, as described above, will greatly improve your experience for managing your account via text message. To cancel your enrollment in the old system and avoid duplicate notifications, follow these instructions.
Need help? Contact us.
You may be enrolled in an outdated system for text messages from the library. The new system will greatly improve your experience for managing your account via text message.
To cancel your enrollment in the old system and avoid duplicate notifications, follow these instructions:
- Go to this website.
- Enter your username or library card number and your PIN. (Trouble logging in?)
- If prompted, follow the instructions to set up your username.
- Under this section: Email Address, choose Change.
- Remove the email address that ends in @sms.oplin.org.
- Add your email address. Please enter only one. (You’ll choose your desired phone number in the following steps.)
- Save changes.
- Having completed the above steps, you should no longer receive text messages from the old system.
- To sign up for text messages with the new system, follow these instructions.
You can receive notices about your library card account via one primary email address and one primary cell phone number (in text message format).
It is not possible to receive email notifications about your library card account via multiple email addresses (such as your home and work email address).
- Reminders to return items, 2 days before due date
- Reminders for overdue items, 2, 10, 20 and 30 days after due date
- Alerts for reserved items ready for pickup (i.e. holds)
- An alert when your library card is about to expire*
- Library newsletters*
*These cannot be sent via text message.