Alert: Some equipment may be temporarily unavailable for use. Please contact a staff member to confirm that the equipment you want for your project is currently available.
Find your voice. Harness the power of storytelling and discover your path to creativity. The Recording Studio makes creating and editing audio tracks simple and fun.
- Includes sound editing software, microphones, MIDI keyboard, webcam, video conference software, guitar*, etc.
- Sound-dampening (not sound-proof)
- Maximum capacity: 2 people
*This guitar was generously donated to the library by the Guitar Center. Learn more.
- Record a podcast or song.
- Conduct an interview.
- Preserve your family history.
- Create a commercial.
- Digitize an audio cassette.
- ...and more!
Rules & Restrictions
Limit of 3 hours while others are waiting. To gain access to the lab, present your library card and ID to the staff at the desk on the second floor. Printing projects are scheduled through staff and can be picked up when completed.
- Must be 18 years or older; or 16-17 years old with a signed waiver from parent/guardian that acknowledges the rights and responsibilities of both parties; or accompanied by an adult who meets all requirements for use
- Must have a Westerville Library card in good standing.
- Must present a government-issued photo ID or school ID with the current school year's date clearly indicated. (ID will be held while you are in the lab and returned to you once a check of the lab has been performed by staff.)
Use of the lab is intended to be self-guided. Minimal instruction provided. Library staff can recommend resources for learning.
- Request no longer than 3 hours; no more than 90 days in advance. (Setup, teardown, saving, or clean-up are to be completed during your allotted reservation time.)
- Request in person, by telephone or through online reservation software.